Friday, October 17, 2008

Benefits of a Coffee Drinker

This article is the one I made for my org's site. Enjoy! =D

When I think of coffee, it reminds me of our chocolate-colored dog named Coffee. Why is he named Coffee? My mom is a heavy coffee drinker eversince she was a child. She even made me drink my first coffee with milk in a baby bottle. No wonder, she thought "Coffee" as a good name for our pet dog. Lolzzz. And, see, coffee in Tagalog is "kape" and now, a household name for our beloved site, "Broodkopi".



Coffee is such a byword for me which is a special word indeed. It is not just a beverage consisting of an infusion of ground coffee beans but a toast to life as well. What can you say about the celebrations or special moments that started from just a simple cup of coffee? What about the friends we make over a cup of coffee? What about the heartwarming stories we share as we drink our coffee? Indeed, coffee is undisputable. I am not exaggerating here but I am just getting my point across that coffee is in fact, a part of our lives.


Apparently, more coffee shops are like mushrooms sprouting just around every corner of the globe. I do plan to have my own coffee shop in the future and there, celebrations and intimate moments will be shared. It is also one of the reasons that I decided to write for Broodkopi, because we always share cups with one another, just like brothers and sisters. =)


As we all know, there are some people who dislike the taste of coffee and there are some who are obviously making coffee as their water. I am a regular coffee drinker and coffee has helped me in my work especially at times when I feel like sleeping. But do not overdose or else, you will be too immuned that coffee will not be able to wake you up when you feel sleepy. For some people, drinking coffee enables them to sleep soundly.


Here are some of the coffee benefits I have compiled from friends and from the internet:


- It can enhance overall alertness of mind and body. I don't need to say more, the advertisements always say this "alertness" statement.


- It will make u feel active and less sleepy. If you feel sleepy during work, try drinking a cup of coffee. For some people, coffee serves as their sleeping drink before snoozing. As for me, there are times I drink coffee before sleeping so that I can sleep better. It has worked for me over the years. =)


- If you're stressed or in a bad mood, drinking coffee will somehow make you feel more at ease and at peace because it can boost your mood and make you feel happy. - Drinking coffee may reduce the risks of having cancer because coffee contains anti-oxidants and cancer-fighting properties. So, do you think coffee is a certified health drink? Maybe. I think so.


- It can reduce the risks for gout, gall stones, cirrhosis, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's Diseases.


- Someone told me that if you feel constipated, you should try drinking a cup of coffee. However, an effective way would be to eat fiber-rich foods or drink Fibrosine (or Fibermate) to enable you to defecate easily.


... and many, many more!
Whether or not coffee has antioxidants, you bet, I will still drink my daily cup of coffee. You know, drinking coffee has become a habit for many Filipinos and people around the world but for me, drinking coffee is a lifestyle.


To sum up all these thoughts, try to drink coffee every now and then and have your daily online sip at www.broodkopi.com. I'm sure our coffee will satisfy your impeccable taste, craving and urges.


For other coffee news in the future, kindly visit my blog at
http://healthypeeps.blogspot.com.

No comments: